Monday, October 13, 2008

CONTROVERSIAL REFLECTIONS

If a big mouth were a sign of intelligence, courage, and initiative, every other Armenian would be another Napoleon, and probably he is in his own mind.
*
Sometimes I am described as controversial. If I am, it is only with the naïve, the uninformed, the ignorant, and the unaware.
*
According to some psychologists, the compulsion to speak the truth is neurotic. By contrast, the compulsion to lie is a survival tactic and as such in no need of psychiatric treatment.
*
I realized I was growing old when old men treated me as if I were one of them.
*
After I die I will be remembered by those I have insulted. This may not be an ideal form of immortality but, as the saying goes, beggars can't be choosers.
*
If you think I repeat myself, you can reduce the repetitions by 50% if you read me every other day, and 100% if you quit reading me.
*
Yanks have talking heads. We have snarling snouts, and if some readers are right, I am one of them.
*
We tend to forget that our propaganda has as much effect on them as theirs on us.
*
Woody Allen: “I can't listen to too much Wagner, ya know? I start to get the urge to conquer Poland.”

0 comments: